My least favorite question to hear as a Nutrition Coach: “Are your services covered by insurance?”
I understand that the notion of spending money on yourself is scary. But I want to discuss the REAL cost of hiring a Nutrition Coach!
I still remember the first time my husband and I spent actual money on art. We didn’t set out to spend money on art, we’re just not those types of people. It was the art that chose me!
We were walking down 17th ave in Calgary, where there are so many cool shops, when we found the painting.
I honestly don’t even remember how much it was, $2000-$3000, definitely not more than that. But it was a lot, and I had never event spent more than $100 on mass produced pieces from Homesense.
I pulled the trigger and couldn’t stop thinking about all the things I could have spent that money on instead. (side note: no children or bills were neglected as a result of this purchase!)
Fast forward a decade and I still love this piece more than ever! It reminds me everyday to enjoy life, not take things too seriously, and that the ‘value’ of something isn’t about how much it costs. It’s what it brings into your life and the lives of those around you, and hopefully for a long time!
I get it. Spending your own dollars on something that doesn’t have a guarantee can feel unsettling. But let me ask you this…
Is your decision about your health and the impact that it will have on other things in your life really based on if your insurance covers it?
Please read that again.
If you’re thinking about talking to a nutrition coach to help you improve your health and your life, I encourage you ask questions like this instead:
- How will you support me through my nutrition and wellness journey?
- How will we communicate through the process?
- How will you help me find the personalized strategies to fit my lifestyle, preferences, or schedule?
- How will we track my progress?
- How will you help me build a strong mindset and long-term sustainable habits?
These questions will help you understand if you’re ready to make the changes you’re seeking to make, and if we are the right coaches to help you do it.
Of course, we’ll talk about the financial commitment and find the option that works for you, but that shouldn’t be your ONLY deciding factor.
When you sit back and look at where you’re at in 6 or 12 months from now, I promise you won’t be thinking about how much money you spent.
You’ll remember the quality of support you received and the results you were able to achieve.
Oh, one last thing… We actually do have a guarantee. 😂 When we work together 1:1, your success is guaranteed or we keep coaching you until you reach your goals – so cross those obstacles off your list, my friend!
PS: when you’re ready, here’s how we can help you get started:
1) Free consultation – no commitment, 30 min in-person or online session to establish your ‘Nutrition Project Design’, walk away with clarity on your goals and have ideas on how to achieve them.
2) Lunchbox Nutrition Game – monthly nutrition challenges help you build the habits and skills to master the key fundamentals that’ll support your long-term goals (eating enough protein, meal prepping) all while having a little fun doing it! We even teach you how to personalize your own macro profile. Crazy value at only $200 and no commitment. Try it out for a month & if it’s not for you, cancel and keep all the goodies.
3) Nutrition Coaching, semi-private or 1:1 – when personalized accountability and support is really what you need to keep showing up every week. Book your free consult if you’d like to chat more about nutrition coaching.
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook for real-time updates on what’s happening at Build Nutrition!
BACK TO BLOG